ENTREPRENEURSHIP – FRANCHISE (PART-II)


PROJECT UDAAN:

“If we look at a 10-year vision, we want Amazon to be accessible to every Indian”-Amazon’s mission statement.

Only 30% of total population of India is in urban, remaining 70% are still in Rural, where some of them not even have internet access. Then how Amazon India will achieve its mission? The answer is “Project Udaan”.
Around mid-2015 when Amazon India kicked off its assisted shopping project — codenamed internally as Project Udaan across a few stores in Erode, Tamil Nadu. The company selected its offline partners from across categories like fancy stores, medical stores, and mobile shopping where customers are provided access to Amazon India’s website on a desktop in such stores.
The initial response was positive, within one year it has expanded across 13 states and penetrated into the grass root of India with the help of government e-service kendras like Vakrangee and offline affiliate partners like LinQ, Storeking, and India Buys etc.

These Digital platforms offer Franchise opportunity for Young Entrepreneurs. Some of them are listed below

LINQ STORE:

A LinQ store is an online super bazaar with an aggregation of various e-commerce services like retail, travel, healthcare, insurance, pharmacy, money-transfer, matrimony and others under a single platform. LinQ stores are providing business opportunities for enterprising individuals who want to start a business of their own in their local town.

Benefits of opening link store:

  • Minimum investment – 1 to 1.5 lakhs
  • Wide range of products
  • Reasonable percentage of commission

Note:

Existing retail stores can be upgraded into Digital super bazar

How it works?:

LinQ Store Official Website

Store King:

Started with a compelling Vision to be India’s largest retail company reaching out to 70% of India’s population by 2018, StoreKing almost traveling in exponential phase as its achievements are listed below,

  • 2012 – Launched with 200 stores.
  • 2013 – Tamilnadu, Kerala, Andhra Pradesh with 800+ stores covering 500 towns and villages.
  • 2014 – Launch of Storeking App.
  • 2015 – 8000 + stores across India.
  • 2016 – Partnered with Amazon.

How it works?:


Storeking Official Website

India buys:

By Partnering along with Amazon under its ‘Udaan’ initiative, India Buys sets up stores in tier II and tier III cities of India on a franchise model.

How it works?:

IndiaBuys Official Website


Vakrangee:

A technology driven company, focusing on creating India’s largest network of last-mile retail point-of-sale, and services in rural India

Services Offered:

  • BF SI Services: Banking, Insurance.
  • G2C Services: Collection, recruitment, Processing, Issuing of certificates.
  • B2C Services: Telecom, Direct to Home, Education.
  • E-Governance Center: Aadhaar, Passport Seva Kendra, Election commission.

How it works?:


Vakrangee Official Website

Overall Summary:

  • India Buys franchise for Amazon affiliate in rural areas.
  • Linq and Store King franchise for Digital Bazar in Urban and Rural areas.
  • Vakrangee franchise for multi-services in Rural India.

Bottom Line
Any Business will perform better if it is started first in an appropriate location. Gather more information about these platforms, and if you feel it will work for you just give a try.

About Author:

Manoharan Sundaresan
Founder – Unikrush.com

Recent Posts

Leave a Comment